Friday 21 October 2016

Friday Frenzy...

... JOKE! I'm scheduling this for the morning. The only frenzy that'll be happening
is me running after my 2 little Grand Boys!
This week has been a frenzied week of scrappy activity tho.
Cos I had a bit more of a tidy up. And found all sorts of bits that I'd
tucked away because at the time I didn't know how or what to use them on.
So, CHALLENGE TIME for myself.
USE it. OR LOSE it. As in dump it in the bin.
Ooooooh!!!!!
Proudly, I have made 20+ cards in all sorts of weird and wonderful
configurations and used up the strangest bits of stash.
Unfortunately, I took very few photos. They're not cards I can repeat,
in the main. Except this one that I LOVED making:
Years ago I'd won this digital sentiment stamp. Printed it out, then left to rot.
Well, not quite. I added a strip of gold washi to the top, then punched that row
of hearts in the vellum overlay that I added.
Even punched the bottom edge! And those wood peeps? Find them HARD to
use, but coloured them up & added some Wink of Stella.
Waaaay happy. So, is anyone getting married? I've now got 3 or 4 wedding
cards done. And no-one getting hitched. LOL!!!!!
And here's another LO that I haven't shared.
Notice, I'm not entering challenges still!!
But still having fun scrapping:)
----------------------------------- 
I've also been doing a little bit of Happy mail.
This is one made with Project Life cards,
joined with washi tape.
A great way to use up some of those PL cards, that
also BREED in the cupboard!
The macaroons I fussy cut; the little girl image
was a RAK I was given, so I coloured her in.
That 'envelope' washi is from K-Mart. Got it for 50c a roll!
And of course, the hearts are actually paint chips
punched out.
Oh! And the 'happy days' saying is fussy cut from a PL card.
So, you could say my Happy Mail is also an opportunity
to use up Stuff from the Scrap Vault;)
This is the inside, with all the little folders flipped open.
You can see some of the bits I've made - the glitter reinforcing rings, on the right.
The fringed round embellie in the middle.
The embossed vellum envelope on the left.
Top L are the flowers I made from the bit of black plastic
from a shopping bag base. I've cut it into flowers, then
heat embossed it.
Top right is a doily 'pocket' with mini doillies I've
die cut inside:)
I get a great THRILL from making little bits...
This is it closed up. The fringed tag on the L is not mine.
I got given it from a Happy Mail!! But I added the little
envelope [made with Liquid Pearls :)]...
Beside the little kitty on the bottom, R, is a fake
flair, made with an epoxy resin bottle cap.
I like making those!
Here's the back [outside]:
It sorta looks odd being upside down because they are
the sides that get folded up & in!
I do like that saying. It's from a Reject Shop
bunch of bits....& the 'dream' butterfly embellie
is one of a group I made to use up scraps of pp.
OOOPS! All of a sudden I've done a huge long post.
SOZZY....
Have a lovely weekend, wherever you are in this
wonderful world we live in ~ Blessings!
Lizzy ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. Good morning! So glad you are still having fun creating wonderful things! If it isn't layouts, cards or happy mail they all look great! And good on you for using up the older stuff.. I hope you have an enjoyable day with your grand boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday frenzy indeed! You've been beavering away using up stash; such a good feeling isn't it? I really like the wedding cards, uber cool and on trend. The layout is a fun, family one and I would not guess you had trouble with tags. As for the last project - Wow, so many lovely little bits and bobs - you truly are a creative scrapper. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHH!! so much loveliness in one single post Lizzy!! You are a superstar!! You share so much love and happiness each and every time!! Thanks so much <3 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha..same with me,tidying up and finding so many unused bits..was so frustrated as they won't fit in the space !! Discarded many leftovers, still have a pile to sort ! Mine didn't turn out productive as your 20+ cards that cool ! I too loved the wedding card ,its different vellum and gold make it elegant !I am not a fan of PL but I love how you can add so many bits n bobs to it !Yours look beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been a very busy and creative beaver. Love all these projects , agree with everything Anna said. Always so much inspiration from a visit here

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy!! These are GORGEOUS! I am LOVING the cards and that lo is wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lizzy you have been very busy! As always fabulous projects and very inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man .. you are amazing!! How do you manage to make all these gorgeous things in such a short time .. simply brilliant!!! The card is fabulous .. love that vellum overlay! A great, fun layout with all those cute bits and layers .. stunning!! Love the happy mail .. so clever with all the little bits and bobs you made .. someone is going to loooveee those!! Absolutely brilliant and, enjoyed reading this so much didn't even notice it was a long post. Have a great week Lizzy!! Blessings to you too!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lot of projects my friend. As usual your mixed media background for your layout is just yummy. Maybe one day I will visit you and you can help me get over my fear of wet mediums. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you have been busy! Getting those odd little bits used up is rather satisfying eh? Love the fun tassel and the stitched letters. And your happy mail looks very lovely indeed - lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many gorgeous projects! So super when one can climb into your stash and use up your goodies! Looove the page...love the colouring, stamping and sewn title! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous projects. I love that happy mail thingy... it looks so cool. Great way to use up your stash too... I am going to be a little stash buster too .... hahahahahahaha watever. I am a compulsive scrapbook shopper :O

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really are so, so talented. All of your work is stunning! I love the layout, I've got the stamp you used and it has to be my favourite background stamp ever x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Lizy you were so busy making your projects! firstly would like to say your card is so elegant and posh! love those gold accents! )))) and the layout is so bright, fun and detailed! love to find little details in the layers )))))
    and of course the Happy mail is soooo pretty! ))))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment....I really appreciate you dropping me a line :)